One of the most information-packed events of 2019 will be April 16-18 in Shenzen. Huawei will bring two dozen of their top executives first for presentations and after for questions from some of the best analysts in the world. While other companies avoid tough questions, Huawei does its best to answer almost everything. Of
Huawei got almost unbelievable support from the Western press when it was attacked by the U.S. One reason is that the U.S. never provided any evidence, leading many to infer the U.S. had no substantial facts. A second reason is that those who have worked with Huawei – I’ve reported about Huawei since
Huawei several years ago made the strategic decision to be open and transparent in a way almost none of the Internet giants are.
Apple, Google & Facebook, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung, make it very difficult to get information as basic as the speed and latency of 5G radios. Huawei nearly always gives reasonable answers to reasonable questions. (But don’t ask them for details on
Here are some of the speakers. Nearly all of them are making time for questions. I had a chance to meet about half of them; they are all knowledgeable.
- Ken Hu Deputy Chairman, Huawei
- David Wang Executive Director of the Board, President of ICT Strategy & Marketing, Chairman of Investment Review Board, Huawei
- William Xu Director of the Board, Chief Strategy Marketing Officer, President of Institute of Strategic Research, Huawei
- Chaobin Yang President of 5G Product Line
- Richard Liu President of Packet Core Network Product Line
- Jinlong Hou President, Cloud & AI
- Joy Huang VP, IT Product Line, Chief Architect, Cloud & AI
- Jack Jia General Manager, EI Product Department, Cloud BU
- Hank Chen President, Service Router Domain, Data Communication Product Line
- Yang ShaoChief Strategy Officer, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- James Lu Director, AI Product Management, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- Wei Ai Fellow, Chipsets and Hardware Technology Strategy,
ChangzhuLi Vice President, Handset Business, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- Linford Wang President, Tablet & PC Product Line, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- Hao Zhi President, IoT Product Line, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- Luke Wang Director, Consumer Cloud Service Strategy Planning and Marketing, Huawei Consumer Business Group
For the record: Huawei has paid my expenses to some of their events. I do some work for a consulting firm, STL Partners, that works with Huawei but I have never been directly involved.